Monday, February 11, 2013

Chapters 5 and 6

This may be a naive thing to say but I didn't realize there was so much thought behind aquaponics/gardening/sustaining plant life. I mean yes, I understand that the things don't miraculously pop out of the ground on their own, but how many other amazing type cultures like aquaponics exist? Bernstein has refined aquaponics to details in these chapters: light sources, system types, and the generalities of "I want to start...where do I even begin?" To marry this with my precedent, Sweet Water, I'm starting to understand a little more how their system works. They partner a tank with a bed of plants. The tank is depressed in the ground so that the bed height is accessible to the human while standing. Sweet water has a flood and drain type system where the bed is above the tank. From the reading my best guess right now is that they have a CHIFT PIST  system, since there are pumps present to return the water to the plants. More research to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment